Sunday, February 3, 2013

Stop Saying I Can't


As a writer I find myself trying to pump myself up about my writing. I would like to say that the words I can't never enter my mind, but it isn't true. I can't write that right now, I can't work on this; I can't get past this chapter. I am always saying I can't and that has to stop. You should try not to say I can't no matter what you are doing because it takes away your motivation, your power, and your desire to do things. 



When you say I can't, have you even tried yet? You should think about the real reason behind it. If you say, I can't write the next chapter, look at the reasons you can't. If it is because it's 'too hard' then you should reevaluate your definition of hard. Try replacing every, I can't, with I choose to. You will see that you are making a choice not to do something. Turning I can't into I can is not impossible. You never know until you try.


Erase I can't from your vocabulary and just try. If you say I can't write this chapter then think about it and jot down notes. Think of possible scenarios that could happen in the chapter. Once you get your mind out of thinking something is impossible then you will be able to accomplish it.





“To succeed, we must first believe that we can.”
- Michael Korda





1 comment:

  1. I like to say, "That's a myth," when someone says that something can't be done.

    ReplyDelete