Wednesday, May 22, 2013

This and That

For those of you who like reading about what I have been doing on the marketing front, I apologize for being MIA. I was finishing edits on one book, and completing the writing on another.

I have joined a couple of new opportunities I wanted to share. The first is the now free http://www.webook.com. I am being honest, I don't know how it works. There is a Page-to-Fame section where you post your first page and others can rate it. I have one rating on the first page of Julie's Ascent and I rated another writer's story. I am 1 for 1 right now. I gave a four, received a four, and had a friend request.

There is another section Agent-In-A-Box which allows you to query agents within the program. Having recently started querying agents which is a whole other stress attack, I am not comfortable doing it this way even though they say it's fine. It feels impersonal, but that could just be my thoughts on the matter.



The WEbook site is supposed to get you noticed by agents and readers by getting ratings, and eventually if you are good enough your book is elevated. So we will see how that goes, but it might be fun to check out if you are looking for some opportunities to share your work.

I also signed up for the Writer's Market. There is a lot of good information on there for writing queries, and things agents are and are not looking for. You can also search for agents in your genre and see what they are looking for. It's a little over five dollars for a month, or you can pay for six months off the bat.

http://www.writersmarket.com/ There is also the site - http://www.writersdigest.com/ which gives you a lot of valuable information about writing and agents.

Another great site that I discovered when I first started writing for people to read and rate your work is http://www.fanstory.com/ There are lots of people who will tell you what is good, and what isn't. Mind you, no one is an expert but it helps to get feedback for your stories.

Myself and several other amazing authors have started a blog that will kick off on June 1st and each author will have a day to tell you about writing, and all the fun stuff that goes along with it.
Here's the link for when it's live!! http://thenotsofamousauthorsblog.blogspot.com/





This was just a catch up on some sites I have tried lately. My Goodreads campaign went well it is over now, but 81 people have added Long Road Full Speed Ahead to their TBR which is cool for only 20 books and literally thousands of views.



Long Road is coming back with a vengeance and a new cover on June 19th. It will be free that day!!! Can't wait.



Take care writers and readers,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment